Sunday, August 12, 2007

Highly educated clueless wonders

Those of you who know me (or who have read the archives of the booger blog) know that last year I had recurrent endometrial cancer and was treated with high-dose internal radiation. I'm fine now but I have frequent follow up with both the GYN-oncologist and the radiation oncologist. I had a biopsy in May and it was clear and last week I had what I thought would be my last follow up (that is another entry altogether) with the radiation oncologist. Because it is a teaching hospital the radiation oncologist came with an entourage of radiation oncology Fellow, intern, and nurse. After declaring that it looked "all nice and pink in there" I got to have not one but two internal exams. Ok fellas, I don't give a good god damn if it is a teaching hospital but next time I'll be damned if I let two of you do internal exams. I will tell you to get the fuck away from me. I am NOT here for you to use as a learning tool. I was also really irritated with the Fellow for making the statement when I said that I thought part of their training should be to be in my position (they were running an hour late and I'd been sitting in a room without my drawers for at least 15 minutes)it's different for us. Anyway we see the prostate cancers in the morning. I completely slammed him and told him no, you see patients with prostate cancer in the morning. Jackass. Just writing about it pisses me off.

No comments: