Friday, October 20, 2006

I don't get it

 
This morning on NPR http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6352046  I heard the political correspondents discussing how the Republicans were going to start airing an ad on Sunday showing Osama bin Laden with his quotes about wanting to destroy the US.  I do not understand how this is beneficial to the Repubs.  For 5 years, this guy (who did, in fact, have something to do with 9/11/01) has been on the loose and we invade Iraq instead of putting all of our resources towards capturing him.  This is a reason why the Democrats can't "keep America safe?"  It just astounds me every time ObL is invoked that no one (especially the journalists) says "Hey, you've had 5 years to strategize and decide how to capture him and instead you've been busily invading Iraq and creating a civil war there and completely destabilizing the Middle East."  I couldn’t believe Mara Liason didn't bring it up.  What the hell am I missing? Do people really buy this bullshit? 

No comments: