Saturday, December 23, 2006

Baking, Baking, Baking

This morning I managed to hit 5 stores in just over an hour. I was very proud of myself. I started at WaWa (must have Kona coffee), then went to CVS for a few final stocking stuffers, then to the natural pet food store for some "dental chews" to improve the dog's buffalo breath, stopped at the new pretzel place (3 for a $1), and finally got baking supplies at the grocery store. I came home and baked a babka (a Polish sweet bread) and then baked 4 loaves of Amish Friendship bread (we are giving them along with other things to our many hosts over the next 3 days). I also did 2 loads of laundry.

All of this was made possible by the fact that on my first day of vacation I woke up at 7 fucking o'clock. Now if the Christmas gifts for The Wife would wrap themselves.

No comments: