Saturday, July 22, 2006

Not moving on like I would like to be

I have discovered that when I am not doing anything else, my lovely experience with "awake fiber optic intubation" pops into my brain. It's pretty unpleasant to keep reliving the experience. I also still have a sore throat and a fat lip. I found out the name of the anesthesiologist (I love the internet) who was in charge of my "excellent adventure" and I wrote an EXTREMELY long email to my surgeon. Hopefully I will be able to put it behind me over the next few days.

I still want to know why they did it. I have had general anesthesia 4 times over the past 4 years (before this time) and I was always asleep when they did the intubation. If there was a problem in the past they should have told me. I also would have appreciated more of an explanation of what was going to happen and what sort of instruments there would be using. When I opened my eyes at one point the fiber optic scope looked like a damned octopus hanging in front of my face.

Anyway it's over. I've done everything I can to address the situation and all I can do is try to be sure it doesn't happen in the future.

No comments: