Thursday, March 22, 2007

John Edwards will not get my vote

I was extremely disappointed to read that John Edwards was remaining in the race for President despite the fact that his wife's breast cancer has recurred (and metastasized to the bone.) His wife has incurable cancer and while there has been much made of the fact that it can be "managed like any chronic disease" does he really want to spend the next 18 months on the campaign trail and then possibly (a BIG possibly) 4-8 years in the White House when his wife might not survive that long? I'm sorry but I think he's being a selfish shitheel. Is his political future more important than the health of his wife? Cancer isn't like "any chronic disease" because in most cases it still kills you a hell of a lot faster than any other chronic disease including HIV. I don't care if his wife told him to stay in the race. What was she supposed to say? She should have to ask him to drop out.

No comments: