Friday, June 22, 2007

Poochie Prose

My co-worker received the note below from her dog who is staying with Grandma and Grandpa while said co-worker is traveling...

Dear Mommy,
I really, really miss you. I've been a very busy girl. I love to run around the yard, and my stick collection is growing by the day. The only thing is that the really fat sticks that I found, I have stripped the bark off of, and now they keep breaking when I give them to Judy to tug. We have lots of little pieces all around the yard.
On Mondy night, I decided NOT to follow Judy & John upstairs to bed......Judy had to pull me by the collar, and John had to push my butt to go up the stairs to sleep. Then I went under the bed a little bit, and spent the night.
Yesterday, Judy & Nana went out to dinner & I went right into my crate like a good girl.. When they got home, I ate dinner and then Judy took out a tray to polish her nails in the den, but I got real scared of that tray and ran and hid in the screen room next to the refrigerator, and made myself into a tiny little ball (this is 9 month old Chocolate Lab...) so no one could see me. Then Judy came
to get me after 2 hours, and I ran into my crate and wouldn't even come out when Judy gave me a Frosty Paws, and a Meaty Bone. When she let me out to pee at 9 o'clock, I ran into the woods and hid real good so she wouldn't find me. I only came out when judy brought out my leash and offered to take me for a walk. (She looked real funny walking me in her slippers and nightgown). When we got back, I really didn't want to go back in the yard and house, so I tried to stand my ground, but Judy pulled me into the house. Then I hid behind the couch in the living room (she couldn't find me for a long time, ha, ha.) When it was time to go to bed, I flatly, absolutely refused to go upstairs! No one could move me, because I am so strong. So, I spent the night in my crate. I think I am still really scared of
that tray thing, even though she put it away.
Today, I am fine, well rested, and ready to greet the world. I even stole the stocking off the vent in the screen room, and distributed all the lint all over the den so Judy would have to vacuum before she went to work. It was real fun, because Judy didn't know what it was for about 5 minutes.
I hope you are missing me a little bit. Have a safe trip to Chicago, and bring me a present.
Love, Zoey

No comments: