Friday, June 15, 2007

Ummm, now what?

The Wife is in the hospital and has been since last Thursday. When The Wife is in the hospital (which is about an hour away) I am somewhat at loose ends. I don't go to visit every day because of the distance and because I try to keep some semblance of the regular routine because I don't sleep well when The Wife is in the hospital and the further I get from the routine the worse it gets. Nights like tonight are the hardest. I finished up at work early and went to the hospital, hung out there for a about 2 hours, came home, let the dog out, fed the beasties, ate my dinner (I also stop cooking when The Wife is in the hospital), and now I don't quite know what to do. I made a list of things I need to do tomorrow and Sunday, I'm staring at the laundry I still need to fold, I have the baseball game on but it's more for background noise (and the Phils just SUCK tonight...losing 12 to 4 at the moment), its too early for bed, and I don't know who to call (and I've spoken to my parents and my sister already today as well as the MOH). I've been a complete slug in terms of exercise for the past 2 weeks but the last thing I want to do right now is go walk on the treadmill. I wish there was a gay bar in town (there are some within 30 minutes but I don't want to drive that far and then have drinks) so I could go and have a drink in a comfortable environment. I don't really care about the drink (I could have that here) but it would be nice to just sort of hang out with people without feeling a need to be a good conversationalist. I hate this.

No comments: