Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm sick or what a waste of a weekend

It appears that I have the flu. I was thinking it was just a bad cold but I did a little searching on the internet and discovered that 3 days of fever >100 F along with my other symptoms is characteristic of the flu rather than a cold. This is a problem for several reasons: a.) I get a fucking flu shot every year b.) I have asthma so any respiratory virus makes me wheeze and I have to use my inhaler every 4 hours practically around the clock c.) the flu will put The Wife into the hospital. I have been sleeping in the guest room since Thursday night in an effort not to infect her. I will continue to do so until I have been without a fever for 24 h. I also missed work on Friday and was too ill to work from home as I had intended. I did check email between naps on the sofa but that was about all I could manage. If I don't have a fever tomorrow morning I will go into the office but if I feel crappy I'm coming home again. No point in infecting the whole office. While I'm glad I didn't have to miss 3+ days of work for this, I'm pissed that a whole weekend was wasted by me being too sick to do anything. About all I've been able to manage is some organizing of our takeout menus. Recipe organizing and sorting through a week's worth of mail also await. We watched several episodes of Clean House yesterday because I didn't feel like doing anything else and The Wife is inspired to declutter. This happens frequently when we watch multiple episodes of Clean House at one time. Of course, we also look at the state that some people get to and think "hell, our worst room isn't even close."

No comments: