Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post-trainer thoughts

Yesterday my trainer, Grace (MTG), asked me how I had been feeling after my workouts. I said I had been a little sore the next day but nothing terrible. Then she informed me that it is time to increase the amount of weight I'm lifting. I'm a little nervous. Right now by the time I finish, for example, doing the one-armed pec fly I feel like my shoulder is about to break. The concept of more weight is rather daunting. But I have to say I trust MTG completely. She certainly knows what she is doing and she knows exactly how far to push me. Of course, after last night's workout and more crunches than I have ever done in my life, I'm sore.

As to progress towards 5k - the plan for the next month is to workout on Mon/Thurs and walk at least 45 minutes W/Sat. I plan to walk on the treadmill on Wednesdays because I am just not a morning person and by the time I get home and have dinner it is too dark :-( to walk outside now. I can walk outside on weekends and the half-mile circuit at the cemetery is a good place to do it. I saved enough Coke Points to get a $100 Nike.com gift card so I am designing a custom pair of shoes at NikeiD.com. I have wide feet so I have a limited number of styles to choose from but I'm having fun. I think I have to go try on a pair of the style I want to get before I actually buy them on the website.

1 comment:

Personal Trainer Directory said...

I would like to thanks for creating this interesting blog, because its having the good entertainment.