Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sore knees

I continue training towards my 5k goal but at the moment my knees are getting in my way. Perhaps it is the change of season but wow, do my knees hurt. It makes me grumpy. Of course, when this happens there is a little voice in the back of my head that says "remember how bad it got a few years ago..." and that makes me get a little panicked. It's quite stupid really but sometimes I find it hard to shut off. I also wonder if my knees are telling me I'm not getting enough sleep? Again, all in reference to a few years ago when not getting enough sleep set off a pattern that took months to fix. All this talk of sleep reminds me, it's time for bed. I stayed up WAY too late last night watching the Steelers eek out a win over Baltimore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My knees bothered me when I first started, but they are better now. I have been working on strengthening the muscles around the knee and that has helped. I talked to the trainer about it, and Dr. Google. ;).
I have confidence in you! You can do it!