Saturday, August 26, 2006

Finally, a plan...sort of

I heard from the anesthesiologist on Monday afternoon and he announced "I hear you are having a procedure next Monday" and I told him that was news to me. Then on Tuesday, the office manager from my Gyn/Onc's office called to tell me that I needed to have blood work done before my procedure the following Monday and "Don't forget to sign the consent form." I told her all of this was news to me and could my doctor please call me. Apparently Rad/Onc had told Gyn/Onc I was in the loop but Rad/Onc told me everything was in Gyn/Onc's lap. Great communicator, Rad/Onc. I still don't know when my 2nd and 3rd treatments will be but I have an idea (probably Sept 6 and 13). Friday was my last day at work and today The Wife and I cleaned up my office as I'll be out for 3 weeks (and hopefully not more).

The weather here has turned suddenly cold (68 degrees, it was 90+ yesterday at this time) and rainy. We need the rain as we've had something like 0.06" this month until yesterday when we had 2". I think the weather (and my evening/night last night - for another post) is contributing to my general unsettledness (if that's even a word.)

I think I'll feel better after I get through the first treatment on Monday because I'll know what to expect and I'll know how I'll feel afterwards and whether or not I'll be spending a lot of time on the couch in the next 3 weeks.

On a pleasant note, it will be a good night for the hot tub provided that it doesn't rain.

No comments: