Monday, September 18, 2006

Yes, Virginia, There is an Upside

Lest you think that there is no upside to endometrial cancer and radiation therapy, I am here to set you straight (ha, ha, ha). I will no longer have PMS or cramps and the lovely other symptoms that accompanied them because I will no longer have my period. I won't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on pads and tampons. I will not sleep poorly 3-4 nights a month because of the aforementioned cramps etc. I will not have to spend a fortune on Advil because it took 4 Advil every 8 hours to manage my cramps. I will not feel too crappy to exercise 3-4 days a week. Not having had a hysterectomy for my endo CA, I have not been plunged into menopause. With luck I'll hit it around 50. My bladder still has its anatomical support so hopefully I will not need surgery at 48 to prop it up. Sure, having endometrial cancer at 34 and again at 38 is not a good thing but there is an upside. It's time to focus on the upside now that treatment is done.

No comments: