Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Oy. This is hard.


It is Passover.  While I am not Jewish, I am considering conversion and so this year, I am trying to observe Passover by not eating wheat, oats, barley, rye, or spelt.  There are also many other things that I may or may not be permitted to eat but not having grown up Jewish I don't have family or community tradition to fall back on or a family member to ask.  I've been reading as many things as I can but if I convert I'll be a Reform Jew and not an Orthodox one and many of the online resources are for Jews who are Orthodox.  I also am going to have to shop at a different supermarket for Passover supplies because the one where I usually shop has NO kosher for Passover matza. 

I didn't have a seder to attend this year which was sort of weird.  We could have gone to the community seder at the temple where we attend services and a weekly Judaism class but we have tickets to see Spam-a-lot tonight (purchased before we thought much about the Jewish calendar) so no luck there.

Hmmm, I think this might be harder than I thought it was going to be.

No comments: